Where fat stores & what it means
As I'm studying for my Fitness Nutrition Specialist exam, I'm coming across some valuable information that I can't help but share.
If you have been struggling with a certain area of your body, take a look at these bullet points - where your fat is lost vs. where it is stored can tell you a lot about what you need to do to change.
- Fat loss in thighs, but not in stomach: excess of stress hormone cortisol
- eed to: control stress, increase frequent protein meals, get enough sleep, stress-reduction techniques (yoga, meditation) & increase BCAA (Branched-Chain Amino Acid)
- Fat loss in abdominal/stomach region, but not from subscapular (upper back) & suprailiac (side of stomach): problem with carbohydrate tolerance
- Need to: reduce carb intake, add fish oils
- Fat loss in abdominal & suprailiac regions, but not in thighs (legs) & triceps (back of arm): excess of hormone estrogen
- Need to: increase exercise volume, add cruciferous veggies (cabbage, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, etc) & potentially discuss estrogen levels with doctor