No Weights Upper Body Workout
I have been having some upper back issues & have been going to physical therapy for it. The main thing that is causing it is my weak lower trap & my posture of rounding my shoulders forward. I know this tends to be a very common thing so I wanted to give you guys some exercises I incorporated in my workout this morning!
Warm up: 5 minutes Jump Rope
- Stand to High Plank Hand Walkouts x 5
- Stand to High Plank Hand Walkouts + Pushup x 5
- Y's on the Wall (put a pillow in front of your hips & lean into the wall with your forehead resting on the wall, stretch your arms overhead in a Y shape, without bending your elbows, active your lower trap & bring your shoulder blades down & back) x 10
- 10 Burpees (no push up)
- Field Goal Arms (lay on your back with your elbows @ 90 degrees in line with your shoulder, make a small movement of squeezing your shoulder blades together without activating neck muscles!)
- Tricep Dips on bench (keep your back close to the bench, do NOT let your shoulder roll forward) x 15
- Cat Rock Back (on your hands & knees do a big cat reaching your upper back up towards the sky, rock your hips back towards your heels until you feel a nice deep stretch in your upper & mid back) x 10
- High Knees x 1 minute
Repeat 3 times through! I hope this helps you guys strengthen those mid back muscles that are hard to get at!