Stormy Weather & Pumpkin Pancakes
We are on the Oregon Coast this weekend & the weather is crazy! I am loving every second of it though. We left Friday afternoon to head over here & made it just before the rain & wind got too crazy. It was so nice to just have a relaxing evening & sleep in with no worries or rush to get anywhere.
This morning I decided to make one of my FAVorite breakfasts - pumpkin banana pancakes! They are grain-free & the perfect fall breakfast. It's so fun to make yummy food with the crazy storm outside.
- 3 eggs
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 can pumpkin
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- maple syrup & choice of fruit for topping
- Peel & break the bananas into pieces in a mixing bowl. Use a fork to mash the bananas
- Crack the eggs & use a whisk to mix the eggs in well with the mashed bananas
- Add almond butter & use a fork to mix in well
- Add your 1/2 can of pumpkin, coconut flour & cinnamon. Mix well
- Heat a skillet on the stove (medium heat) & add a bit of oil or butter onto the pan if it is not non-stick
- Use a spoon to scoop the batter onto the pan & shape it into a pancake (the batter is thick so it will not spread like traditional pancake batter)
- Flip over after 30 seconds to 1 min
- Top with maple syrup & your favorite fruit!
And if you're pups give you a begging face, you might just have to share a piece with them... I know mine LOVE bananas & pumpkin :)