Dinner Date In: Baked Salmon + Mango Salsa
PHEW - he loved it. Ladies, I never "cook." Sure I like to bake & make super simple recipes, aka smoothies, pancakes, chicken & dessert ;) but I'm not the best cook... I always end up having to ask Tylor for help or fail to get the timing right & burn something etc. hah. But this recipe is SO EASY.
AND, it looks fancy.
Tylor worked late & was running around town late this Friday night so I took it upon myself to get dinner going & ended up getting creative & finishing it all on my own (cheers to that)! And here's the best part... I talked to my best friend on the phone the entire time!
Now that I've convinced you that anyone can make this dinner, let's get going.
- Salmon fillet (preferably fresh caught!)
- Asparagus bundle
- Baby potatoes
- 1 mango
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 lime
- 4 thin slices of fresh lemon
- rosemary potatoes
- salt, pepper, olive oil, grass-fed butter (optional)
Pause here for a sec & pour your fav glass of white wine... maybe a little Pinot Gri? :) Have fun with this ladies & chat with your best girl friend as you prep. It'll make things a little more interesting!
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil & heat oven to 375 deg F
- Prep baby potatoes by washing & slicing in half/quarters
- Prep asparagus by washing & breaking off ends
- Once oven is hot, place the salmon on one baking sheet & drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper & place lemon slices on top. Put in oven.
- Place the potatoes on the other sheet with foil & drizzle with olive oil, pepper, salt & break rosemary pieces of & generously mix in with the potatoes. Place in oven
- Place asparagus on a sheet of foil. Fold up the ends of the foil to make a sheet type of thing. Add a few pieces of grass-fed butter in with the asparagus or drizzle with oil & top with salt/pepper. Place in oven
- These 3 things will take 30-45 minutes to bake. After 30 minutes, keep an eye out, basically waiting until the potatoes & asparagus are soft & the salmon is cooked through.
- Salsa: chop tomatoes & cilantro, cut mango into pieces & combine in bowl. Toss with juice from 1/2 lime & sprinkle in salt.
- After everything is done, serve salmon covered with mango salsa & enjoy!
As always, comment what you think or share your success with this recipe on Instagram & tag me! @shredbeforeyouwed <3 Shoot me an email with any questions!